We, the 4AJ class, went on a language week to Brighton for 8 days from Friday 16th March to Friday 23rd March. The flight from Vienna to London Gatwick took around two and a half hours. For some of us it was the first flight. This was an amazing experience.
We stayed in the houses of host-families and this was really cool, because you had to speak English non-stop and this is a good way to improve your English skills.
From Monday to Friday we attended a language course in a language school. The school wasn‘t that far from our host families so we could walk there. Some were just too lazy to walk, so they took the bus.
The language week started with the weekend so we didn‘t have to go to school right away, which was quite perfect. So we had time to get to know the British way of life.
Brighton is situated by the sea. Whenever we had free time we used to go down to the beach and enjoy some nice moments there.
That’s what we experienced in short:
* Saturday: London – sightseeing (Chinatown, ….)
* Sunday: free time & bowling
* Monday: lessons in the morning & shopping in the afternoon
* Tuesday: lessons in the morning & Seven Sisters Country Prk with amazing cliffs in the afternoon
* Wednesday: lessons in the morning – & British Cream Tea (first try)
* Thursday: lessons in the morning – shopping for souvenirs in the afternoon
* Friday: last day in Brighton & journey back to Leibnitz (arrived at 11:30 pm. )
*B* Brighton Pier
*R* Royal Pavilion
*G* Great City
*T* The Lanes
*N* New Experiences
Aurora Bajgora, Zerina Bikic, 4AJ